A Refresher Training Programme on Fire Fighting and First Aid in compliance with OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO 45001:2018 was held for the Emergency Response Team on Saturday, August 31, 2019 in the School premises.
Sri Pulak Chand Kundu, Sri Jayajit Mazumder and Sri Saheb Chatterjee attended the Capacity Building Programme, organized by Centre of Excellence, CBSE on Mathematics on Monday, August 26, 2019 and Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at Abhinav Bharati High School, Kolkata.
Smt. Oindrila De, Smt. Sudataa Ray, Smt. Moumita Mukhopadhyay and Smt. Dipanwita Bose attended the two-day Capacity Building Programme, organized by Centre of Excellence, CBSE on English Language and Literature on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 and Thursday, August 29, 2019 at Gokhale Memorial Girls’ High School, Kolkata.
A Parent-Teacher meeting for Nursery I to Class III will be held in the School on Saturday, September 21, 2019. Report Cards for the First Term are to be handed over to the parents on that day. Teachers are requested to give the parents specific guidelines for the overall improvement of their wards.
1. Class Teachers are requested to issue duly filled Call Slips to the parents. The pupils are to be divided into four slots as per the following schedule, unless otherwise directed by the Superintending Teachers.
|Pupils of Morning Session||Pupils of Afternoon Session|
|9.15 am to 9.45 am||12.15 pm to 12.45 pm|
|9.45 am to 10.15 am||12.45 pm to 1.15 pm|
|10.15 am to 10.45 am||1.15 pm to 1.45 pm|
|10.45 am to 11.30 am||1.45 pm to 2.30 pm|
2. Hours of attendance for teachers will be 9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
3. Class Teachers are to sit in their respective class rooms. All subject teachers are requested to be available till 11.45 am in the Morning and till 3.00 pm in the Afternoon in their respective rooms.
4. Ms Madhumita Chakraborty, Ms Samita Basu and Ms Madhumita Haldar are to sit in the Transition Staff Room. All other Vernacular Teachers are to sit in the South Hall, unless informed otherwise.
5. Music, Art, Computer, Karate, & Physical Education Teachers are to sit in the Activity Room.
6. The Special Educator will sit in Room IV C. The Counsellors will sit in Rooms IV A and IV B.
7. Class Teachers are to take the signatures of the parents after they have handed over the Progress Reports.
8. Class Teachers may direct the Parents to meet the undersigned/Vice-Principal, if necessary.
9. A book-fair is being organised on the same day.
Classes will remain suspended on Monday, September 16, 2019 as International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) for Classes III to V will be held on that day.
Sd/- D K Chadda
The first part of Telegraph Awards 2019 was held in South City International School, Kolkata. The Certificates of Merit, Honour, Excellence and Appreciation of different categories (School & Individual) was presented on Saturday, August 24, 2019. South Point High School received the following awards:-
|Honour Certificate||–||Excellence in Academics (CBSE)|
|Honour Certificate||–||Excellence in Extra-Curricular Activities|
|Angikar Ghoshal[Class XII – Outgoing]||–||Certificate of Excellence [Award for Academic [Excellence by a Student]|
|Divyani Mohanty (Dance)[Class IX D (A)]||–||Honour Certificate [Award for Outstanding Talent by a Student]|
|Afeef Kafi[Class VIII E (A)]||–||The Award for Courage.|
A Capacity Building Programme on Career Guidance was organized by the Centre of Excellence, CBSE, at Hariyana Vidya Mandir, Salt Lake, Kolkata, on Monday, August 19, 2019 and Tuesday, August 20, 2019. It was attended by Smt. Ruplekha Sen Gupta, Smt. Sharmila Dutta Bose and Smt. Suparna Chakraborty.
The Half-yearly Examination of Classes VI, VII, VIII, XI & XII began on Monday, August 19, 2019.
The Mid-term Tests of Classes IX & X began on Thursday, August 22, 2019.